So the baby was fussing a little bit at 6am this morning, so I decided to get up and go for a little walk. I drove a couple miles up our road to the base of Mt Kearsarge (the opposite side from where I did the night hike a few days ago). I was just going to walk a little ways and turn around, but I kept saying, "oh, just a little farther" and 2 hours later ended up a the summit (8 miles round trip). Fortunately I had a power bar and enough water to keep me going, since I hadn't had breakfast yet.
It was beautiful to see the sun rising as I got about halfway up the mountain. And I didn't have to use snowshoes because the trail was packed down from snowmobiles. Even though it was very cold (mostly because of the wind chill), I was able to take my gloves off at the top just long enough to set my camera to get a self-portrait... (click to enlarge photos)




When I got home, I made myself a 3-egg omelet. Man, was that good.
It was beautiful to see the sun rising as I got about halfway up the mountain. And I didn't have to use snowshoes because the trail was packed down from snowmobiles. Even though it was very cold (mostly because of the wind chill), I was able to take my gloves off at the top just long enough to set my camera to get a self-portrait... (click to enlarge photos)




When I got home, I made myself a 3-egg omelet. Man, was that good.

