The Dudley Family
The last few weeks have not been fun. Life has definitely been giving us some lemons. Or more likely, the Lord has been testing our faith and perseverance.

First Emily had it, then Christel, then me. It was a staph infection. Emily's was fixed no problem with antibiotics in a couple days. For Christel, it appeared as a sore on her thumb which quickly got infected and very swollen. Antibiotics weren't strong enough to knock it out, so believe it or not, she was actually admitted to the hospital to have her thumb cut open to drain out the infection. The procedure was done in the O.R. at the hospital with her O.B. doctor there, just to monitor the baby in case of any emergency. Everything went fine and she was home the next day, but it took her a week or so to recover. THEN I (Jim) caught the infection in the form of a sore on my shoulder, which quickly grew very swollen and infected, just like Christel's sore. I had to go see the doctor and have the same procedure done as Christel! But at least mine was done right there in the doctor's office so it was much quicker (not as complicated, I guess cause I'm not pregnant).

So we're all better now. Finally. What a whirlwind of stress. We had just moved into our new house, didn't even have our boxes unpacked when this all started. My work has fallen WAY behind (not just at the business, but also my freelance work), which I'm finally now just catching up on.

So I don't know if we exactly made lemonade... but we at least endured. Hopefully we learned a little trust and patience along the way. Maybe God was just telling us to "slow down!" for a bit. He has a tendency to do that when we get too busy in life. Our house is mostly unpacked now and we're all feeling better and pretty much back to our "normal" day-to-day life. Thank you to everyone who had been praying for us.
Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. Justin Says:

    Awww, that's not fun. I got staph (or something very similar) after my ACL replacement. Hang in there. I hope you continue to get caught up! I miss you!


  2. Alisa Says:

    Jim and Christel-
    I'm so sorry that you all had to go through such a rough time...so glad you have come out of that trial and are getting upacked and settled/caught up on work. Praying for you guys!
    Love,
    Alisa